All property photos
3D Virtual Tour
Expect an irrepressible urge to whistle or hum as you are welcomed and wrapped into the chorus of birdsong at 187 Valdeflores. Private but not isolated, serene but not still, this remarkable setting on a +/- 18,000sf oak-sprinkled lot are an opportunity to remodel the existing house or perhaps even design your own. Located in Burlingame Hills, a community within a community, colorful Valdeflores Drive is the “valley of flowers” running through its heart. Built in 1962, the midcentury, single level home is modern in form and function, with a timeless floor plan, integrated outside spaces, and easy accessibility via a wide, level driveway to an oversized garage. The open living area blends living, dining and kitchen spaces. An adjacent family room shares the double-sided fireplace. Three bedrooms share two baths, including a restful primary suite. Endless doors and windows frame an uninterrupted, living gallery of sun-washed garden and treetop views, a visual invitation to life outside on the entertaining deck, under the shade arbor, or in the redwood hot tub.
Burlingame is known for its perennially strong public schools, shopping and restaurants, and its flexible mid-Peninsula location that makes SFO, San Francisco and Silicon Valley easily accessible.
- Long, wide, level driveway creates privacy and sets the house back from street
- Covered front walkway and sheltered front courtyard
- Newly refinished hardwood floors, freshly painted walls, new carpet and modern lighting
- Spacious entry with parquet floor and coat closet
- Main living area combines living room, dining room and kitchen and flow directly out to backyard. Large windows and doors with garden and treetop views
- Large living room with a wood-burning double-sided fireplace, and sliding glass door to deck
- Connected dining room with sliding glass door to deck
- Family room shares the double-sided fireplace and has built-in shelving and storage
- Spacious kitchen with gas cooktop, wall oven and warming drawer, and extra bar/prep sink
- Wide central hallway with recessed lighting connects three bedrooms and two full bathrooms. Generous hallway linen closet
- Primary suite is restful and private, and overlooks the back garden. A large sliding glass door goes out to the redwood hot tub. Bathroom with shower/tub combo. Dressing area and multiple large, deep closets
- Two additional bedrooms share a hall bathroom with a large walk-in shower and long vanity with storage
- Oversized attached garage with storage and laundry area
- Automatic irrigation front and back
- Integrated and connected exterior spaces wrap the house on all sides and include a large deck with built-in seating, shade arbor, front courtyard, and hot tub deck with built-in seating
- Approximately 18,000sf lot. In the backyard, steps on the left side lead to a large, fairly level area that is currently undeveloped
- Schools: Hoover Elementary, Burlingame Middle School, Burlingame High School. Buyer to verify districting and enrollment
Located 15 miles from downtown San Francisco, Burlingame is a populous suburb with a thriving commercial base of its own. The city stretches from San Francisco Bay to the east, Interstate 280 to the west, Millbrae to the north, and Hillsborough and San Mateo to the south.
Burlingame calls itself the City of Trees and counts 18,000 trees on public land and right-of-ways -- including several large stands of eucalyptus.
The Broadway and Burlingame Avenue corridors are popular shopping districts, but the city has commercial interests as well. Industrial growth in Burlingame was spurred in the 1960s and ’70s by its proximity to San Francisco International Airport, and the city is home to Virgin America airlines and related service industries.
Landmarks in Burlingame include the distinctive Caltrain station at Burlingame Avenue and California Drive, built in 1894 in the Mission Revival style. Nearby is Washington Park, which covers 19 acres and includes tennis courts, baseball fields, a basketball court, a picnic area, a playground, and plenty of green space. A more obscure landmark is the Burlingame Museum of Pez Memorabilia on California Drive.
Additional Showings by Appointment with the Listing Agent